Sunday, September 6, 2009

Pre D-Day

Today is the day. Actually it's tomorrow that WILL BE the day. I have decided to commit to building the body that I've always wanted and, for a while, had. I've heard it just gets harder and harder the older you get and I'm at the point where, at 35 years old, I don't want it to get worse.
I'm not a stranger to the gym, the weight room (Hey!! Where are all the other chicks?!), the clean eating, the body comp testing, the protein shakes, the sore muscles..everything that goes along with it. And as I let myself get farther and farther away from all of that, and my pants get tighter and tighter, I remember those days of feeling great after the workouts and having more of a calmness to my being. I want to own that feeling again.
Not that I've been totally lazy and couching. I've been running and half-assed training for an upcoming marathon which I've been told will probably kill me. My brain says "No Way" but my body is giving me the "Not so sure". Uggg.
So here I am committing myself to getting back to lifting and building a strong and lean body and recording my progress for everyone to see. Tomorrow being Monday is a perfect time to start. Mondays suck anyway.
Here I go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment